The Address module provides functionality for storing, validating, and displaying international postal addresses. On eCommerce sites in general, when going through checkout customers are often annoyed by US-centric address forms. When interviewed about cart abandonment, this topic is a common complaint. In Drupal Commerce, the Address module solves this problem by providing country-specific address forms to customers along with the capability to display the addresses properly for shipping or billing purposes.
- Learn about the structure of addresses and address formats.
- Create a custom address field by repurposing an unused one.
- Modify the list of available countries and set the default country for customers.
- Add or modify subdivisions for a country.
- Override address field settings to control whether certain fields are always hidden, optional, or required.
- Customize address form fields and their labels.
- Set initial values for address fields.
- TBD: use an external service for postal code validation.
- Use the Default address formatter for country-specific address formats or extend it to modify its functionality.
- Use the Plain address formatter with custom theming to precisely control the display of addresses.
- Override the default language used for formatting addresses on multilingual sites.