Creating payment gateways
The Drupal Commerce Payment module provides a framework for implementing online payment gateways. Most of the code you will need to write is gateway specific. This documentation section includes examples for several types of payment gateways.
- Create a custom module, configuration schema, and a payment gateway plugin.
- Implement the configuration form for your custom payment gateway plugin.
- Learn how to create payments and handle stored payment methods.
- Learn how to handle authorizations, voids, and refunds.
- Create the payment off-site form for either a Redirect or iFrame payment gateway
- Learn how to handle the return and/or asynchronous payment notifications (IPNs) from the payment provider.
- Make sure you understand security considerations that are particularly important for off-site payment gateways.